I attended a Support Coordination workshop last week held by the Summer Foundation. They have access to free resources at;
There are so many resources out there and I get overwhelmed sometimes. So I thought I would share those I have personal experience of as I go.
This is a checklist of the key principles under Section 34 of the NDIS Act 2013.
Reasonable & Necessary
In order to be considered reasonable and necessary, a support must:
- Be related to the participant’s disability
- Assist a participant achieve their goals
- Facilitate the participant’s social and economic participation
- Represent value for money
- Be considered good practice
- Be unreasonable for families, carers, networks, and the community to provide.
- Not be the responsibility of another government sector